Lynda - The Best Thing to Ever Happen to Me

Monday, August 21, 2006


Well, I watched baseball all weekend. It was sensationally dissappointing for me personally on many levels. The Red Sox were as impotent as... god, i don't know, something that is known for its impotence, like a neon, cause its inert. I am totally off my game. Much like the Red Sox. So I guess the Red Sox are like me.

Anyway, Lynda had the weekend off so she came by and hung out for a while, which was awesome, only I think we was hoping for a weekend of canoodling and the occassional grope / molestation, eventually resulting in awkward coitus and minimal weeping. However, thanks to the combined 72 hours of almost straight baseball, none of it particularly good. Lynda isn't really a baseball fan, in that she loathes it. I thought Asians liked baseball, like Ichiro, and Matsui, and ... the other Matsui. Anyway, I guess she's not Japanese, or she doesn't like baseball. Although, after this weekend I don't really either.

But I don't like explaining baseball to people anymore than people who don't like having baseball explained to them. Also, it's hard to explain why I watch a game that is clearly a lost cause, and why it matters, and stuff. She was being really unreasonable, and, to be fair, I was as well, so obviously it went well. As well as the Red Sox bullpen pitched, which is with a high ERA.

So long story short, which really at this point is more of a long story, made only longer by my inclusion of the phrase, "long story short..." twice, we watched a lot of baseball. She is no more a fan.

Thank god it's almost football season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home