Lynda - The Best Thing to Ever Happen to Me

Thursday, August 31, 2006


Lynda told me about her ex-boyfriends today. That's right, we had that "talk". I know what you're thinking, that talk is never a good idea, but it just comes up. I mean, it's inevitable, especially, when things get a little more... you know... up in dem guts.

I want you all to understand that I didn't instigate it. I would enjoy being blissfully ignorant of these facts. In reality, they could not be more inconsequential to me. Don't get me wrong, I collect secrets like rare coins or stamps, I stockpile like them like in the event of Armageddon, or the far more likely Armaghetto, they were canned food, guns, and bottled water. However, information like that doesn't fall into that secret category that is really necessary to know. That information helps me zero.

Lynda brought it up. She was tellign me about some espisode of Sex City that the Golden Girl that was like Blanche found some dude that was like the male equivalent of her, and when they went to have casual sex, he killed the mood by asking about AIDS tests.

Let me just say something here, why do people like this show? It seems fake, awkward and uncomfortable. And who wants to watch fake awkwardness. Good TV has plapable awkwardness, like Freaks and Geeks. That was a good show. Besides, how can you take that show seriously? They take cabs everywhere. Who can afford that?

Anyway, it brought up the exs conversation, which can be relationship leukemia. You don't die right away, but it builds, slowly breaking you down from the inside, killing you with the things that should be helping you. Then you get more questions, too many more, like white blood cells, then you die, a sad shell of what you once were. And she goes back to her old boyfriend. Like Envy Adams did to Scott Pilgrim ... but in the real world you might not have a cool American ninja like Ramona Flowers. Though I guess Lynda is my Knives Chau. But really, I like Kim Pine the best.

But really, it was okay. There is nothing good that you can here in that situation, but as far as those things go, it wasn't all that bad. She doesn't even seem to have hang ups on an old boyfriend, which is amazing. All the dudes kinda seemed like half assed casual boyfriends too, a very, right person, right time, but that time has passes. Which is really all y0u can hope for.

Oh, and go read Scott Pilgrim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home