Lynda - The Best Thing to Ever Happen to Me

Friday, November 10, 2006


When I was in high school, not meaning to brag, but I was kind of a big deal. I was mostly a local celebrity. I had many exposes written about me in various newspapers, and people... well, let's just say a lot of people knew my name. However, I did basically everything just shy of joining the band to sabotage my status in high school. I read comics, I hung out at coffee shops, I didn't drink or do drugs but still went to parties. It's true, I did smoke and play sports, but still, it's amazing I ever was allowed to make out with a girl in high school. And boy do I love making out. When I was in my sophomore year, playing soccer for the Falmouth clippers, a group of us decided we were a lot like the WCW's NWO (New World Order) Red so we started following their wrestling careers and assumed monikers. I know what you are thinking, clearly I was Macho Man! But no... turns out I was assigned Konan. That was okay, I was appropriately rowdy rowdy and bowdy bowdy.

I was telling this story to Lynda the other night and she was listening intently but when I mistakenly refered to Scott Hall as Razor Ramone, she stopped me and said "But he was only Razor Ramone when he was in the WWF". I was understandably taken aback. How did she know about that? Oh, my, I thought, was (is?!) she a fan?

It turns out during high school she used to attend Raw is War parties, much like I used to, and watch wrestling, with two TV set up to see both WWF's Raw and WCW's Monday night wrestling. Why wasn't I watching football then on Monday nights? I was probably only watching the Patriots then anyway. But I digress. Who me?

So my baby used to watch the wrestling. I can't tell if that make me love her a little more or a lot more. I am leaning towards a whole lot. Her favorite was Rey Mysterio Jr. We talked about when he upset Kevin Nash during Starcade. Then they made him a member of NWO Red. Macho Man was always my favorite. Dating back to the Miss Elizabeth days. Was there a more pure love and vicious love triangle than Hogan - Savage - Miss Elizabeth in the history of the world? I don't know about the love triangle, but as for pure love???

Not till I met Lynda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home